Princeton Ventures leads equity investments that range in size from $10 million to over $100 million in high-growth, expansion-stage, privately held companies.
All companies are unique, but in general, we look for the following characteristics in prospective investments:
- Enthusiastic, capable management teams
- Businesses with $10 million to over $100 million of revenue
- Strong revenue growth rates
- Attractive target markets with the potential to support one or more public companies and attract strategic acquirers
- Defensible, high-margin, predictable, and scalable business models
- Profitable businesses or businesses with a discernable path to profitability
Our flexible capital allows us to invest in those industries where we find growth. In general, we look for investments in:
- Business Services
- Entertainment, Internet and Media
- Financial Services
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Information Services
Uses of Proceeds
Entrepreneurs use our capital to:
- Fuel organic growth
- Fund acquisitions
- Take chips off the table
- Recapitalize existing debt or equity
- Execute a buyout or spinoff
Often the businesses in which we invest are profitable and don’t need additional capital to grow. But entrepreneurs work with us to strengthen their corporate and personal balance sheets. This empowers them to drive their businesses faster and create more value for shareholders.
We are comfortable being minority or control investors in a company and consider a variety of structures and types of partnerships, including the use of debt if appropriate. We are flexible in the way we partner with entrepreneurs and lead investments that meet the current and future needs of a business and its shareholders.